Note: You must be a Bugzilla administrator or have the “editusers” permission to add a new user account.
- Login to your Bugzilla
- Click the Administration link in the header or footer
- Click the Users link
- Click the “add a new user” link
- Enter the “Login name” which must be an email address – required
- Enter the “Real name” – required
- Enter the “Password” which must be at least 6 characters. If the complexity requirements are set (see User Authentication in Administration Parameters) then these must be met as well – required.
- Leave “Bugmail Disabled” unchecked.
- Leave “Disable text” blank.
- Click the “Add” button
- The user has now been created. Note that the user has not been notified of their new account. You will need to do this yourself.
- You are now presented with a screen that allows you to change the user’s access. In most cases you can ignore these settings as the defaults work well. For more details about Bugzilla security see: Setting up Bugzilla Security.
- Click the “back to the user list” link